+ Upload Related Photo
Top 10 Reasons You know you Lived in Mexico:
- You call an 80 year-old waiter "joven".
- You profess, "como Mexico no hay dos", but secretly wish Mexico City was more like San Antonio.
- You bring along small cans of chilies when traveling to Europe.
- "Licenciado" is a proper name.
- Returning to the office after "la comida" on Friday means you're "un pinche gato".
- If you order the tacos and your friend orders the enchiladas, you're positive the waiter will get it backwards.
- You say "Bueno" when answering a telephone... in English.
- A wedding is at 8:00 p.m., you get there at 10:00 p.m. and nobody has arrived yet.
- When someone tells you "I'll call you," you assume that he won't.
- If you want 50 people to show up for your party, you invite 150.
More about "Mexico"Mexico. So these aren't meant to be racist of course, its just humorous things that Mexican-Americans should find somewhat funny. You know you lived in Mexico when... !!!
More reasons You know you Lived in Mexico
- You will often have lunch and dinner at the same restaurant on the same day...without actually leaving
- You have more prescription drugs in your toiletry bag than Eckerd does and you don't have an actual prescription for a single one.
- You use the word "este" as a conversational filter... in English.
- Leaving the office at 5:00 p.m. means working a "half day".
- The word "Puente" means five-day weekend.
- You believe a shot of tequila cures everything.
- You eat tacos, enchiladas, morcilla, moronga, and medula, but believe hamburgers are unhealthy.
- You go "pssssst" to catch a waiter's attention... in New York City.
- You refer to "@" as "Arroba" but have no clue what it means.
- You never refer to a friend's mother as simply "su madre", but always qualify by saying, "su seora madre", or " su querida madre", to avoid a misunderstanding which could get you a "madrazo."
- You keep on addressing good friends as barnyard animals.
- You blame the PRI for almost everything else.
- You enjoy drinking beer with lime, salt, ice, Tabasco sauce and still think it's the orange juice in the morning that gives you heartburn.
- You call a twenty year-old waiter "viejo."
- You call everyone else,"hermano", "mano", or "manito". But you call your real brother, "pendejo."
- You assume your daughters are virgins because they get home before you do at night.
- You say "Mande" when someone calls you...in English.
- You blame the traffic on the rich.
- You blame the crime on the poor.
- You refer to a salesman as "maestro"... at Saks Fifth Avenue.
- You keep a 20-dollar bill taped to the back of your driver's license.
- You assume women fall into three categories: virgins, whores or your mother.
- You think the next "Sexenio" and "The President" always will be better.
- Calling in sick on Monday is proper behavior.
- You blame los "pinches gringos" for whatever's left.
- "Tomorrow" means "not right now", "never", or "screw you."
- You know "a ver cuando nos vemos" actually means "I really don't care if I don't see you anytime soon".