+ Upload Related Photo
Top 10 Reasons You know you Lived in Mexico:
- You profess, "como Mexico no hay dos", but secretly wish Mexico City was more like San Antonio.
- You call an 80 year-old waiter "joven".
- You bring along small cans of chilies when traveling to Europe.
- "Licenciado" is a proper name.
- Returning to the office after "la comida" on Friday means you're "un pinche gato".
- You say "Bueno" when answering a telephone... in English.
- You believe a shot of tequila cures everything.
- If you order the tacos and your friend orders the enchiladas, you're positive the waiter will get it backwards.
- When someone tells you "I'll call you," you assume that he won't.
- A wedding is at 8:00 p.m., you get there at 10:00 p.m. and nobody has arrived yet.
More about "Mexico"Mexico. So these aren't meant to be racist of course, its just humorous things that Mexican-Americans should find somewhat funny. You know you lived in Mexico when... !!!
More reasons You know you Lived in Mexico
- You have more prescription drugs in your toiletry bag than Eckerd does and you don't have an actual prescription for a single one.
- Leaving the office at 5:00 p.m. means working a "half day".
- You use the word "este" as a conversational filter... in English.
- You will often have lunch and dinner at the same restaurant on the same day...without actually leaving
- The word "Puente" means five-day weekend.
- If you want 50 people to show up for your party, you invite 150.
- You go "pssssst" to catch a waiter's attention... in New York City.
- You eat tacos, enchiladas, morcilla, moronga, and medula, but believe hamburgers are unhealthy.
- You call everyone else,"hermano", "mano", or "manito". But you call your real brother, "pendejo."
- You refer to "@" as "Arroba" but have no clue what it means.
- You keep on addressing good friends as barnyard animals.
- You never refer to a friend's mother as simply "su madre", but always qualify by saying, "su seora madre", or " su querida madre", to avoid a misunderstanding which could get you a "madrazo."
- You keep a 20-dollar bill taped to the back of your driver's license.
- You enjoy drinking beer with lime, salt, ice, Tabasco sauce and still think it's the orange juice in the morning that gives you heartburn.
- You assume your daughters are virgins because they get home before you do at night.
- You say "Mande" when someone calls you...in English.
- You call a twenty year-old waiter "viejo."
- You refer to a salesman as "maestro"... at Saks Fifth Avenue.
- You assume women fall into three categories: virgins, whores or your mother.
- You blame the traffic on the rich.
- You blame the crime on the poor.
- You blame the PRI for almost everything else.
- "Tomorrow" means "not right now", "never", or "screw you."
- Calling in sick on Monday is proper behavior.
- You think the next "Sexenio" and "The President" always will be better.
- You know "a ver cuando nos vemos" actually means "I really don't care if I don't see you anytime soon".
- You blame los "pinches gringos" for whatever's left.