+ Upload Related Photo
Top 10 Reasons You know you're from Atlanta:
- If a single snowflake falls, the city is paralyzed for three days, and it's on all the channels as a news flash every 15 minutes for a month. All the grocery stores will be sold out of milk, bread, bottled water, toilet paper, and beer.
- You give directions starting with, "Go down Peachtree" and include the phrase, "When you see the Waffle House."
- It's 4:30 pm Sunday, you're stone-cold sober and you've just finished the last left-over hot dog when you realize that in exactly 12 hours you have to get up and go to work - again
- If you are standing on a corner and a MARTA Bus stops, you're expected to get on and go somewhere.
- You know to wear sneakers to the airport.
- Construction on Peachtree Street is a way of life and a permanent form of entertainment, especially when a water line is tapped and Atlanta's version of Old Faithful erupts.
- Construction crews are not doing their jobs properly unless they close down all major streets during rush hour.
- You know where PIB, JCB, FIB, MLK, PDK and "Grady curve" are, and you try to never go there during any of the nine hours of rush "hour"
- You've been in traffic on 85, 75, 20 or 400 (choose one) - wondering if your fuel, your cell-phone battery and your bladder will make it to the next exit, just 1/2 mile ahead
- The 8:00 AM rush hour is from 6:30 to 10:30 AM. The 5:00 PM rush hour is from 3:00 to 7:30 PM. Friday's rush hour starts Thursday afternoon, and lasts through 2:00 AM Saturday.
More about "Atlanta"Atlanta is the capital and the most populous city in the state of Georgia. It ranks as the 9th largest metropolitan area in the United States, roughly identical to Miami, but the 33rd largest city.
More reasons You know you're from Atlanta
- If there is a remote chance of snow, and if it does snow, people will be on the corner selling "I survived the blizzard" tee-shirts, not to mention the fact that all schools will close at the slightest possible chance of snow.
- You haven't been downtown at night in years
- You hope you are the one to spot the vehicle that is the subject of the latest "Amber Alert" which has been flashing for ten minutes on the DOT message board exactly 13.5 feet above the hood of your SUV
- You know at least five different ways to get to work, none of them ideal
- You've thought about getting a blow-up companion for the front passenger seat
- You've never gone around the block and ended up on the street you started on.
- You've woken up at 4:30 am on workdays to beat the traffic to work, intending to leave work before 3 pm to compensate.
- You actually get these jokes and pass them on to other friends from Atlanta.
- You use "Sir" and "Ma'am" if there's a remote possibility that person you're talking to is least 30 minutes older than you are.
- You never go 55 on "The Watermelon 500 or the Georgia 400.
- You know you're not allergic to pollen, because if you were - you'd be dead already.
- You only know their way to work and their way home.
- The falling of one rain drop causes all drivers to immediately forget all traffic rules.
- You only drink Coke or Diet Coke - drinking Pepsi is blasphemy.
- You can Ponce De Leon Avenue correctly.
- You know what "sunshine slowdown", "auto-flambe'", "topside" mean, and what color a H.E.R.O. is.