North Dakota Jokes
+ Upload Related Photo
North Dakota Jokes
Top 10 Reasons You know you're in North Dakota:
- The forecast is for 60 mph winds, 3 feet of snow and 60 below wind chill and the highway is full of people from small towns going to any big city--just to shop or for the absolutely essential reason -- to attend a basketball tournament.
- You drive to town during a blizzard just to see if the weatherman knows what he's talking about.
- You break down on the highway and somebody actually stops to help you.
- "Down south" means Aberdeen.
- Your husband thinks lingerie is a flannel nightgown with only 8 buttons.
- You wave to someone on the highway because you recognize his truck.
- The meat in your freezer is mostly deer.
- Your definition of a small town is one that has only one bar.
- People "borrow" things to you.
- You think of something other than the Bible when you hear the words "Great Flood".
More about "North Dakota"North Dakota is the 19th largest state by area in the US; it is the 48th most populous, with just over 640,000 residents as of 2006. North Dakota was carved out of the northern half of the Dakota Territory and admitted to the Union as the 39th state on November 2, 1889.
More reasons You know you're in North Dakota
- You have no problem spelling "Wahpeton".
- In April your vehicle is 43% mud.
- You can see the stars at night.
- Diet Coke is the drug of choice for most working people.
- In the spring, every tenth vehicle you pass is a tractor.
- When the car in front of you is weaving, you suspect a farmer checking fields instead of a drunk.
- You leave your keys in the car and the next morning it's still there.
- You know four seasons: Winter, Still Winter, Not Winter, and Almost Winter.
- You can pay for four "Big Macs" with a personal check.
- A yellow light means "Follow the car in front of you, no matter what."
- You define summer as three months of bad sledding.
- Every other vehicle is a 4x4.
- You design your Halloween costumes to fit over snowmobile suits.
- The bumper jack in your pickup will lift a house.
- People drive 200 miles to shop in a real mall.
- You lie awake thinking of uses for leafy spurge.
- You talk about a combine and people don't wonder what you're putting together.
- The wind is faster than your truck.
- Your great-grandmother is younger than the county courthouse.
- Someone says manure spreader and you know it isn't the local congressman.
- You expect to be excused from school for deer hunting season and harvesting.
- You assume everyone has seen northern lights and sundogs.
- A siren does not interrupt your night's sleep.
- Your Valentine's Day gift is a new set of snow tires.
- A girls' basketball game fills the gym.
- Your soup du jour at your hometown cafe is always beer cheese or knoephla.
- A rodeo is more popular than a rock concert.