+ Upload Related Photo
Top 10 Reasons You know you are from Utah:
- Your tulips get snowed on three times after they come up and twice more after they bloom.
- You can pronounce Tooele.
- Your idea of a wild party is a six pack of Pepsi and a PG-13 movie.
- The largest liquor store is the state government.
- You learn about the Mormon Church by taking history in elementary school.
- When you buy a new vehicle, cigarette lighters are optional equipment but gun and ski racks are standard.
- Every driveway has a minivan and a pickup truck.
- Somewhere in your family tree is a polygamist.
- Your family considers a trip to McDonald's a night out..
- Cars in the slow lane are traveling the fastest; cars in the fast lane are traveling the slowest; cars in the middle lanes are always trying to exit.
More about "utah"The State of Utah (IPA: /ˈjuːtɔː/ or /ˈjuːtɑː/ (help·info)) is a western state of the United States. It was the 45th state admitted to the Union on January 4, 1896. Approximately 80 percent of Utah's 2,645,330 people live along the Wasatch Front.
More reasons You know you are from Utah
- People drive to Idaho (or Arizona) to pick up a gallon of milk so they can play the lottery.
- Every time a new family moves into your neighborhood, the local elementary school has to hire a new teacher.
- You know the difference between a 'Steak House' and a 'Stake House'.
- You have more children than you can find biblical names for.
- You think Jack Daniels is a country western singer.
- In-state college football rivalries are bigger than the Super Bowl.
- The U is not just a letter - Neither is the Y.
- You can go skiing and play golf on the same day.
- You were an aunt or uncle before you were three.
- People wear shorts and T-shirts if the temperature rises above 32 degrees.
- You can make Jell-O salad without the recipe.
- Hotel rooms all have the Book of Mormon.
- You think "You're a 10 cow wife" is a compliment.
- You can see the stars at night
- There is a church on every corner, but they all teach the same thing.
- The most popular public transportation system is a ski lift.
- You have two gallons of ice cream in your freezer at all times.
- You consider a temple recommend a credit reference.
- Your idea of a good time is playing Pictionary in the cultural hall.
- Your first child was conceived on your honeymoon.
- You drink Coke from a brown paper bag.
- "Temple recommends" is acceptable identification for cashing a check.
- You wonder why fire truck drivers honk when you drive 35 mph in the left lane on the freeway.
- You buy your wardrobe at the local grocery superstore.
- Schools stay open, even if two feet of snow falls overnight, but close for the opening of hunting season.
- Green jell-o with carrots mixed in doesn't seem strange.
- Your spouse's mother was pregnant at your wedding.
- You have to ask for the uncensored version of "Titanic."
- More movies are filmed in your town than in Hollywood.
- 30% humidity is muggy and almost unbearable.
- You are not surprised to hear words like "Darn, Fetch, Flip", "Oh, My Heck" and "Shoot".
- You have more raw wheat stored than some Third World countries.
- Your paycheck has an additional 10 percent deduction.
- You believe that you must be 18 or older to order coffee at a restaurant.
- You measure Kool-Aid by parts per million.
- Hunting season is a school holiday.
- You make a toast with red punch at your wedding reception.
- Your father-in-law thinks Ronald Reagan was a liberal.