+ Upload Related Photo
Top 10 Reasons You know you are from Utah:
- You can pronounce Tooele.
- Your tulips get snowed on three times after they come up and twice more after they bloom.
- You learn about the Mormon Church by taking history in elementary school.
- The largest liquor store is the state government.
- Every driveway has a minivan and a pickup truck.
- When you buy a new vehicle, cigarette lighters are optional equipment but gun and ski racks are standard.
- Your idea of a wild party is a six pack of Pepsi and a PG-13 movie.
- Somewhere in your family tree is a polygamist.
- Your family considers a trip to McDonald's a night out..
- Cars in the slow lane are traveling the fastest; cars in the fast lane are traveling the slowest; cars in the middle lanes are always trying to exit.
More about "utah"The State of Utah (IPA: /ˈjuːtɔː/ or /ˈjuːtɑː/ (help·info)) is a western state of the United States. It was the 45th state admitted to the Union on January 4, 1896. Approximately 80 percent of Utah's 2,645,330 people live along the Wasatch Front.
More reasons You know you are from Utah
- People drive to Idaho (or Arizona) to pick up a gallon of milk so they can play the lottery.
- Every time a new family moves into your neighborhood, the local elementary school has to hire a new teacher.
- You think Jack Daniels is a country western singer.
- You know the difference between a 'Steak House' and a 'Stake House'.
- You have more children than you can find biblical names for.
- In-state college football rivalries are bigger than the Super Bowl.
- The U is not just a letter - Neither is the Y.
- You were an aunt or uncle before you were three.
- Hotel rooms all have the Book of Mormon.
- People wear shorts and T-shirts if the temperature rises above 32 degrees.
- You can go skiing and play golf on the same day.
- You can see the stars at night
- You can make Jell-O salad without the recipe.
- There is a church on every corner, but they all teach the same thing.
- You have two gallons of ice cream in your freezer at all times.
- The most popular public transportation system is a ski lift.
- You think "You're a 10 cow wife" is a compliment.
- Your idea of a good time is playing Pictionary in the cultural hall.
- You consider a temple recommend a credit reference.
- Your first child was conceived on your honeymoon.
- Schools stay open, even if two feet of snow falls overnight, but close for the opening of hunting season.
- "Temple recommends" is acceptable identification for cashing a check.
- Your spouse's mother was pregnant at your wedding.
- You drink Coke from a brown paper bag.
- You have to ask for the uncensored version of "Titanic."
- You buy your wardrobe at the local grocery superstore.
- Green jell-o with carrots mixed in doesn't seem strange.
- You wonder why fire truck drivers honk when you drive 35 mph in the left lane on the freeway.
- More movies are filmed in your town than in Hollywood.
- 30% humidity is muggy and almost unbearable.
- You are not surprised to hear words like "Darn, Fetch, Flip", "Oh, My Heck" and "Shoot".
- You have more raw wheat stored than some Third World countries.
- You measure Kool-Aid by parts per million.
- Hunting season is a school holiday.
- You believe that you must be 18 or older to order coffee at a restaurant.
- Your paycheck has an additional 10 percent deduction.
- You make a toast with red punch at your wedding reception.
- Your father-in-law thinks Ronald Reagan was a liberal.