+ Upload Related Photo
Top 10 Reasons You know you are from Patras :
- - You constantly respond with the cheerfully pronounced phrase "Ela mou?" when somebody calls your name
- - You have the chance to go for a walk across the most beautiful marina in Greece (That's Dimitra again!)
- - YES, you do underline the -LI and -NI endings of every word in your speaking but this doesn't bother you at all! After all, you can do it much nicer than your neighbours in the rest of the Peloponnese do!!!
- - You are so lucky to live close to one of the modern wonders of the world! The Rio-Antirrio Bridge is certainly a masterpiece! (Ouf! It's finally done!).
- - You strongly appreciate holy "Mavrodafni" but you also know that this is NOT best Patras wine!
- - You consider your city's sunset the best in Greece! Patras-Oia 2-0...
- - You think you're the smartest man in the world!
- - Your father and -surely- your grafndfather read "Peloponnisos" first and then the country's best-selling newspapers.
- - All your friends from Athens call you "katavlakioti" , meaning "he/she that lives under the channel", the famous Isthmos Channel! (by Dimitra Voutsina)
More about "Patras "Patras is Greece's third largest urban centre and the capital of the prefecture of Achaea, located in northern Peloponnese, 215 kilometers west of Athens. The city is built at the foothills of Mount Panachaikon, overlooking the Gulf of Patras.
More reasons You know you are from Patras
- - You are a woman and you will go out ONLY when you wear at least ONE item that cost you over 200 euros!
- - Your mother's worst nightmare is when your boyfriend/girlfriend is from Pyrgos or 'apekis' (straight shot by Lina Soura)!
- - Your way of speaking is a little bit more lively and colourful than the "proper" Athenian one
- - You insist on replacing the classic Greek name "malakas" with the old, Italian-originated, proud and traditional term "Minaras"!
- - You love "Tentoura", mainly after lunch!
- - You definitely enjoy every single sip of coffee at Ag. Nikolaou Str. (aka "bride-bazaar"), while at the same time you watch carefully to EVERY passer-by on the passarella, analyzing and scoring their clothing and hairdo! (Thanks Georgianna!)
- - You love hopping around when it comes to Carnival!
- - You may stay indoors, it may get dark outside n' inside but you're still wearing your SUNGLASSES on!!! (That's right Nessie Koukouroukou!)
- - You insist that Panachaiki FC still fight for promotion this year, despite losing in Salamina by a team known as... Aias!!!
- - You use to call your "beloved" overseas neighbours from Agrinio, Messolonghi, Nafpaktos etc. as "apekeides" meaning "those over there"... far enough, luckily... (Nice idea by Dimitra Voutsina)
- - You were the first who had an espresso in the whole country!