+ Upload Related Photo
Top 10 Reasons You know you are a Gymnast:
- Doing a backflip on a four inch beam or swinging all the way around the high bar is no problem, but everyone screams and runs away when a harmless baby spider is seen on the spring board.
- You look at palms with skin ripped off them as nonchalantly as you would looking at a picture of a couple of cute fluffy kittens.
- You have heard it is possible to walk without pain, but you don't understand how it can be true.
- You also don't throw up when a six year old gymnast runs over to you with her hand pouring blood because you have seen that several thousand times.
- You constantly get weird looks because of the white marks on your clothes/bag/hands and have to quickly explain that it is 'CHALK, you perve!'.
- You laugh when people say they are sick of hearing the same song because they have heard it 5 times in 2 days. Try listening to the same 90 second cut of music for three hours straight while you work on choreography for floor!
- You are basically fluent in another language: Yurchenko Shaposhnikova Ariel Shushanova Rufolva Korbut Flick Pike Comaneci Tkatchev Jaegar Gienger Popa Markelov.......did you understand us?
- You have been kicked in the face more times than you could ever count by helping your teammates/gymnasts train. Getting your nose pierced is nothing because it is practically permanently numb.
- Dignity? What dignity? You lost that the first ten thousand times you fell on your butt/face/stomach/knees.
- Most girls have four kinds of lipgloss, "Seventeen" magazine and invitations to parties in their cute Dooney and Bourke handbag. You have a large gymnbag containing medical tape, competition info, leotard catalogues and large quantities of ibupr
More about "Gymnast"Gymnast is a person who teaches/practices gymnastics. Gymnastics is a sport involving performance of exercises requiring physical strength, flexibility, agility, coordination, balance and grace
More reasons You know you are a Gymnast
- In addition to owning glitter, you also own about 100 scrunchies, 345 of those silver hair snap clips, 567 hairties and 840 bobbypins. And that is not nearly enough.
- You know more about leotard fashion and trends than you do high fashion. (And you also know more about Nastia Liukin's modelling career than you do Alessandra Ambrosio's or Tyra Banks'!)
- You might even have added ribbons.(Likewise, you have worn a purple velvet tracksuit/pink rhinestone emblazoned t-shirt or a swirly multi colored leotard looking like an Easter Egg wrapper and kept a straight face.)
- You put glitter in your hair despite being over the age of eleven.
- Guys: You have at least 8 potential girlfriends and exactly zero competition, unless the the three year olds in "Mommy and Me" kindygym classes count. Coaches: You are more excited than your gymnast themself when they finally learn that big skil