+ Upload Related Photo
Top 10 Reasons You know you are Polish:
- you can spot Polish people like Asians can spot each other.
- your parents have no idea how to use a computer except for solitaire.
- you love electronica, dance, and European techno in general.
- you know very well Pope John Paul II was Polish and his name was Karol, not Carol.
- you sometimes slip up when speaking English and add an â??yâ?? to already plural English words.
- you don't feel the need to add an 's' to Pierogi because you already know the word is plural and it annoys you when others do.
- you know how to sing Sto Lat and sing it on your firendâ??s birthdays.
- you still think that American weddings should last days, not hours.
- you always take off your shoes as soon as you step into someone else's house, even when they say you donâ??t have to.
- your grandmother has a picture framed of Pope John Paul II, right beside your family photo.
More about "Polish"Polish is a person who is born in polland or speaks polish language.Polish is a West Slavic language and the official language of Poland.
More reasons You know you are Polish
- you know itâ??s wodka. not vodka.
- you know Chopin was born in Poland and not in France.
- your grandma understands you better than you understand yourself.
- you open your presents on Christmas Eve.
- you see a girl and the first thing you check out are her eyes.
- your grandparents hardly (if at all) speak English.
- you dash your sevens and hat your ones.
- you have paper towels in the house but they're just for show, because everyone knows you're supposed to use a szmatka.
- you couldn't say a bad word, even butt, around your mother without getting smacked.
- you go to Midnight Mass every Christmas Eve and keep your Christmas tree up till February.
- you were speaking Polish before you were English.
- you have never eaten meat on Good Friday.
- you love soccer.
- you have relatives who aren't really your relatives.
- you would fail a blood/drug test because you've eaten so much poppy seed cake
- you're at a stranger's house, you expect their garbage can to be under the sink.
- you, or your family/Polish friends talk in English, you occasionally slip in Polish words, and it's ok because you all know what each other are saying.
- your family considers mushroom/berry picking as 'having a good time'
- all your friends wished they were polish because of Smigus Dingus
- your grandma insists you wear papcie/kapcie because the floor is chilly and you'll get a cold.
- your grandma can tell if you like a girl just by looking at you.