+ Upload Related Photo
Top 10 Reasons You know you're from Philadelphia :
- You punctuate every sentence with, "You know" at least twice.
- You know what and where "Boathouse Row" is
- You call sprinkles on top of your ice cream cone "jimmies".
- You can't imagine lunch without a Tastycake.
- You've never been to the Liberty Bell, or the only time you were there was on a class trip in third grade.
- A vacation at the Jersey shore (pronounced "Down the shoore") is better than going to an island (there's more stuff to do, plus you know everybody.)
- You hate Dallas.
- You snub a cheese steak that isn't on an Amoroso roll.
- You can't imagine a breakfast without scrapple.
- You want olive oil, not mayonnaise on your "hoagie".
More about "Philadelphia "Philadelphia is commonly referred to as Philly but officially and formally The City of Philadelphia, is the largest city in Pennsylvania and the sixth most populous city in the United States. A popular nickname for Philadelphia is The City of Brotherly Love.
More reasons You know you're from Philadelphia
- You go to The Gallery or South Street in the summer time just to chill.
- You realize that your favorite dessert is "wooder ice".
- You will buy a pretzel from anyone, anywhere without even thinking of where it was - or where his hands have been.
- You don't know what a sub is, but you think they are trying to describe an imitation HOAGIE.
- You visit New York and are impressed by how clean it is.
- You know how to spell Schuylkill.
- You can make a cheese steak and you've never been taught
- You don't think Wawa sounds funny.
- You have the pizza place on speed dial.
- You know where to find the Rocky statue.
- You hate the Redskins
- You pronounce ACME "ACK-A-ME".
- You know that only tourists go to Geno's, Pat's and Jim's for authentic cheese steaks.
- You're still not sure about Jerry Penacolli.
- You find youself at a nice restaurant thinking "I wonder if they have cheese steaks?"
- You sleep soundly through gunfire and ambulance sirens.
- You know who Jim O'Brien is and how he died.
- You find yourself using "yo" and "youse guys" when talking long-distance to family members.
- You can't eat french fries without Cheese Whiz.
- You aren't a bandwagon Sixers fan?you loved them when they sucked, and before they had A.I.
- Your parents, brothers, sisters, aunts and uncles all live on the same block.
- You think that $2,500 a year for insurance on a 1977 Toyota Corolla is a bargain.
- You only go if you're drunk and it's 3:00 a.m.