+ Upload Related Photo
Top 10 Reasons You know you're from Florida:
- You can tell the difference between fire ant bites and mosquito bites.
- You understand why it's better to have a friend with a boat, than have a boat yourself.
- You know that anything under a Category 3 just isn't worth waking up for.
- Anything under 70 degrees is chilly.
- You have to drive north to get to The South.
- You can pronounce Okeechobee, Kissimmee , Ichetucknee and Withlacoochee
- You are on a first name basis with the Hurricane list. They aren't Hurricane Charley, Hurricane Frances... but Charley , Frances , Ivan and Jeanne.
- 'Down South' means Key West
- You understand the futility of exterminating cockroaches.
- You've driven through Yeehaw Junction.
More about "Florida"Ahh...Florida, the great sunshine state of beautiful beaches and retirement community. There's more to it i'm sure.
More reasons You know you're from Florida
- You dread lovebug season.
- You think a six-foot alligator is actually pretty average.
- You have a drawer full of bathing suits, and one sweatshirt.
- Your winter coat is made of denim.
- You could swim before you could read.
- A good parking place has nothing to do with distance from the store, but everything to do with shade.
- You know the four seasons really are: almost summer, summer, not summer but really hot, and February.
- A mountain is any hill 100 feet above sea level.
- 'Panhandling' means going to Pensacola
- Sweet tea can be served at any meal.
- You think everyone from a bigger city has a northern accent.
- It's not soda, cola, or pop. it's coke, regardless of brand or flavor, 'What kinda coke you want?'
- You know that no other grocery store can compare to Publix.
- You were 25 when you first met someone who couldn't swim.
- You recognize Miami-Dade as ' Northern Cuba '.
- You never use an umbrella because you know the rain will be over in five minutes.
- You were twelve before you ever saw snow, or you still haven't.
- An alligator once walked through your neighborhood.
- You're younger than thirty but some of your friends are over 65.
- All the local festivals are named after a fruit.